Ended up not placing the crossover last night, since as I review what I had placed previous was missing insulated joiners. Oops!
So, I went ahead and pulled the track out that I had placed, adding insulated joiners as needed. Of course, as I did this, I needed to trim a bit of rail here and there since I managed to solder together two pieces of flex track and match the movable rail to the unmovable rail, giving me two unmovable rails. Doh!
After I finished that up, it was past 10, so I decided discretion was better than valor in this case and called it a night.
Decided this afternoon that I'm going to operate the railroad next month and future months and not wait on the upper level. Finally realized it was silly to not operate.