My original plan was to build a more prototypical take on the Acca interlocking and pull the existing set of crossovers off the line to be reused before staging.
I got out my tape measure and did some figuring and came to the realization that doing that would just about monopolize the space I had, plus impact the ability for trains to have some room between Doswell and the next interlocking.
I decided to slide the cross overs closer to Doswell and make the entire thing a bigger plant versus two separate plants.
As I spun up to make another set of crossovers, I remembered that I had two quicksticks for scissors type crossovers that were included in the kit I purchased. So, throwing caution to the winds, I started the scissors.
I refreshed my memory on the directions from fast tracks and started working. Took me about 4 hours or so of time to finish the build and I have another 30 minutes of staining and gluing the ties on, but it is mostly done.
I kept the camera handy as I worked so I could document the process. Worked pretty good and I've put cork down today so this can hopefully get installed before I leave to head to the National NMRA Convention in 2 weeks.
|First half just about done in the jig.|
|Close up of the switch frogs and crossing frogs.|
|Little higher view|
|The seam is here; the protruding ends get filed down before this side leaves the jig.|
|The completed center section; lots of soldering and filing.|
|Low angle deflection shot.|
|X Marks the Spot!|
|Glad that is done!|