Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Acca Tweaks and Track

 As I got past North Acca and started in the body of the yard, I realized that I needed to come up with a better way to fit the tracks I wanted into the space I had.

The original track layout was much modified and here are the results.

This is looking railroad north towards NA

The two main line tracks (Track 2 and Track 3 in RF&P's numbering scheme) branch out to 7 tracks when they reach North Acca (control point NA).

A post detailing the North Acca control point is in the works.


From the top, you see the bypass track (concrete ties), then the two main tracks, then 4 yard body tracks. The track closest to the aisle will be a runaround and industrial lead in use.

Super proud of this view!


Here is where I made some significant tweaks in track layout - a yard ladder is going to start here and an additional post will show that in more detail.

Larger pictures on the gallery at http://richmond-terminal.org

No comments:

Post a Comment