Saturday, October 23, 2010

Yard Track Work

Pictures will be coming in a follow up post; but I continue to work on the track in the Acca yard area.

I found out that somehow I have two different kinds of Atlas flex with concrete ties - one model (502) has light colored (just about pure white) ties, while the other (503) has grey ties.

Looks like I will need to break down and buy a case of Atlas flex with brown ties fairly soon as well. Thankfully, since this stuff in the yard area is spiked down, not glued, it should be easy to pull up when we move some time in the next 5 years.

I am also going through and building up the classification yard ladder as I lay track.

I went ahead and ordered a customer Helix kit from Ashlin designs; should be here around Thanksgiving or so. Still looking good for a January debug ops session.

No comments:

Post a Comment